Friday 13 February 2015

Unit 8 Assignment 4


Letter Of Application

SWOT

Show reel

University courses I applied for

  • Media, Music and Sound at Edge Hill University - I chose this course because I wanted to do something more specific with sound and music because I have a big interest in it but also still want the media element.

  • Media, Television and Film at Edge Hill University - I chose this course because it was similar to what I do at college which I do enjoy. 

  • Media Production at Liverpool John Moore University - I chose this course because I liked how practical it was and also because it's a good university for media related subjects.

  • Media, Culture and Communication at Liverpool John Moore University - I chose this course because I like the idea of it being based around social issues and cultural issues within the media which are things I find interesting.

  • TV Production and Media Studies at University of Chester - I chose this course because I liked the university and the reputation it had for media courses. I also liked the balance of practical and theoretical work.
Job Adverts



  • Apprentice Social Media / Production Runner - I would apply for this job because I think that its a brilliant opportunity to work for an editing company where you also can begin to be a runner and then work your way up the pecking order.

  • Studio Assistant  - I would apply for this job because you can start off doing basic production work like basic editing and set building. It also has a variation of duties which gives you a chance to try everything and find you way into one role. 
What is your personal career plan? 
I would love to get into a career in sound production/music production or be a composer in TV and films helping to create the soundtrack to a film. 

What is next for you after college, and beyond? 
After college I will be going to university to do a degree in Media, Music and sound at Edge Hill which I hope will help me to get a job after university that has something to do with sound production. 

How easy/difficult do you think it will be to find work? 
I think that it will be quite difficult to find work after university because it's not easy to get the job you want quickly, most of the time in the media industry you have to work your way from the bottom up to get to where you want to be career wise. 

I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS MY OWN WORK 

No comments:

Post a Comment